Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hats, hats, hats!

Hello All

It's been far too long since my last entry.  That's not to say I've rested my hooks.  I spent my time in the run up to Christmas making hats.  I've posted the photos below.

My main news is that I've started doing some teaching of crochet.  It's a small group, 8 people of really mixed ability and age, youngest 22 and the eldest in her 60's, all of them keen on learning a new skill and making something.  So last week I took them through the basic stitches, double crochet, half trebles and trebles.  This week I've got them started on a project to make a shawl.  Lets see how far they get.

I have the next few weeks planned and really looking forward to it.

I've just purchased a 1950 three quarter length knitted pattern for a cardigan that I'm going to convert to crochet.  Also a mens knitted cardigan pattern from the 1950's which I may knit but will also look at converting it to a crochet pattern. I'll post some pictures when their done.

Here's some photo's





No comments:

Post a Comment